How can I connect these two?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrnewyork

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am trying to find hack to connect these two to get filtered water. Idea is to snap something on in kitchen faucet, fill 5 gallon of filter water and snap it off. Kitchen sink also has hot water so I want to snap it off when done.
I bought this garden hose rubber thing which fits nicely on faucet but then how to connect it inlet of water filter? Water filter inlet is threaded female half inch.

See image pls.
I hope there is something on Amazon to make this work since Home Depot plumber was unable to find anything.

Any suggestions or better ideas overall?

Sach

Attachments

• IMG_1209.jpeg
    IMG_1209.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
So that looks like hose threads on the green part. I can't tell what size your white tubing is.
A dishwasher water supply adapter goes from Hose Threads to 3/8" compression.
1699299224003.png

So that looks like hose threads on the green part. I can't tell what size your white tubing is.
A dishwasher water supply adapter goes from Hose Threads to 3/8" compression.
View attachment 42915
Thank you so much for reply. I have been stuck for a while to get this fixed. White pipe inner diameter is quarter inch. I have attached inlets photos of filter which accepts other end of white pipe which is exactly same as end which will attach to faucet via some adapter

Also, we might have to consider if plastic water host male part will work with metal female part or not

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
That fitting reminds me of connecting some dental equipment.

That is not normal “plumbing” fittings. In fact, I would be shocked if that was made in USA. We don’t have such a barbed type fitting at all. good luck

That is not normal “plumbing” fittings. In fact, I would be shocked if that was made in USA. We don’t have such a barbed type fitting at all. good luck
Actually there are many connectors for male garden hose and 1/4 inch tube are available on Amazon. Just bought one. Thanks

4 Set Faucet Adapter US Standard 3/4" Female Thread to 1/4" Tube Connector Convert 3/4" Garden Hose to 1/4" Tubing 1/4" Drip Irrigation Garden Hose Adapter (Classic) Sorry! Something went wrong!

Back