Hot Water stopped

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainmaker

Reaction score
Hi,

I live in a town house in Markham, ON (Canada)

My townhouse is 6 year old. Our water heater has been working fine for the first 5 years but it stopped now. I can't say for for sure it is the water heater. Hot water output started reducing and it completely stopped today. If I open the tap, I get little warm water and more cold water when I turn the tap far left (full hot side). If I am the second person to open a tap, I only get cold water.

When I go to my basement and touch the water tank, it is warm. There is a a water temperature turning switch, which you can use it increase the temperature of the water. It is very close to high. so, that can't be the issue.

Not sure where to start? Should I call enbridge or Reliance or Should I call a plumber? Or could it be a tap or something that might have been accidentally turned? Is there anything I should be checking before I call for help.

Best Regards,
RM

Are you talking about water temp or pressure --- Is it the same at all fixtures or just one ?

It is the temperature. The water output also reduced, which tells me that it is not the Heater but something else has stopped sending Hot water from the water heater. It is on all the fixtures, Any tap in the house has this issue.

Thanks for your reply

Post some pics of the water heater and the water piping that connects to the water heater. You may have a partial blockage at the water heater nipples, fitting , gate valve. Is there a noticeable difference in water pressure between the hot & cold ?

Back