Hot water disappeared

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anrkissed

Reaction score
A few years ago, I installed an on demand hot water heater. It worked fine and I had hot water wherever I needed it. About 1 years ago, I did some renovation plumbing work in a bathroom I never used. It had a counter top with two sinks. I stubbed one off, filled the hole in the counter top so that now I only had one sink and a roomier, more functional counter top. It seems, that in doing so, somehow, the hot water to the kitchen sink and all other sinks no longer have hot water......except in the bathroom I use for showering....where there is water in the shower/tub, but none in the sink. I do not know if what I did in the renovated bathroom caused the problem (and I certainly do not see how...since I still have water in that bathroom in the sink and the tub, but NOT HOT water), but it all seemed to happen around the same time. I cannot see how stubbing off the water feed to that one sink would cause the problem Maybe it was just coincidental. Any ideas?

Thank you.

I might add the sink that was left FED the other sink, so there was no question of stopping any water flow other than to the defunct second sink. Also, the on demand heater (propane, btw) only clicks on when I put on that one hot water faucet in that bathroom I have always been using....the one tub faucet that has always worked.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back