Hot/cold crossover question for two handle sink faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzaacckk

Reaction score
Hi everyone-- I installed a two handle sink faucet rough in valve (the ViaWorks GULV27 here: https://assets.waterworks.com/wasset/60/original/86060.pdf). The faucet outlet is currently capped off as we do drywall etc. With both handles turned on and the faucet capped off, there is hot/cold crossover in the house so we can't get hot water at other faucets/showers in the house (only lukewarm). My question is as follows: does this rough in require check valves for the hot/cold inlets? The instructions do not indicate that these are needed. Or will it be fine once the faucet is uncapped thus creating a low pressure flow path for the water? I don't want a hot water shower to turn lukewarm every time the sink is turned on. Your help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Yes, turning the cartridges/handles off prevents the cross flow right now. But once the bathroom is finished they will be turned back on and the faucet uncapped. Just want to make sure that when the faucet is uncapped and the cartridges + handles are turned on, there won't be cross flow in the system since the uncapped/open faucet creates low pressure preventing cross flow when the sink is being used. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back