Home Pressure Regulator connection question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsteele11

Reaction score
Hi! I have a question on the existing builder installed pressure regulator on my house supply line. The Watts Regulator Model N45B M1 which I believe is supposed to only have NPT fittings which attach to the unions at both ends. It looks to me like the plumber-builder took the outlet union off and rigged some sort of PVC / PEX fitting to the end of the PVC pipe and cemented it into the outlet of the regulator.

This doesn't look right to me and has major potential for a leak... correct? :mad:

A Ha... I found out that the regulator has INTERNAL 1" NPT threads inside the housing also... they used a 1" Pex to 1" Brass NPT adaptor to tie it together.

House Water Regulator Image 1.jpg

Last edited:
The regulator has a union connection thread (straight thread, not tapered, with gasket or o-ring) as well as having IPS/NPT female threads on the inside. The same threads are found on the inlet side, too. It gives the option of installing the union on the inlet or outlet side for removal and service.
All looks normal in the pic, but I guess you already figured that out.

Back