Home Boiler heating system question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norrisville

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 4 zone boiler heating system in my home. In one of the zones on the return piping I have a smaller set of pipes that run through a under the kitchen sink heater. The 2 pipes shown in the pictures are those. I have the top pipe with a cap and its starting leaking as the furnace hasn't been running as much with the warmer spring weather. What is the purpose of this cap and is it safe to tighten to see if the water drips stop? Its dripping about a 1/2 cup a day because the furnace has not been running as much. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3640.jpg
    IMG_3640.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3641.jpg
    IMG_3641.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
Probably an air bleeder, you may want to take the pressure off and replace that cap I bet the water temp is wearing away the rubber under the cap it's not meant to be loose,you may want to clean up that fitting,get all that green stuff off

Thank You! With the furnace off, can I just quickly replace the cap with new or do I need to drain that zones lines before replacing the cap? What would I use to clean the green stuff off the pipe?

Back