High Pitched Sound Coming From Hot Water Heater

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spike

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my hot water heater is making a constant high pitched whiney wishtley sound. Its a gas water heater, Kenmore Modle# 153.331882 I believe, with a Honeywell valve. The valve appears to be what is making the noise. Its about to make my head explode so any remedies are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Although on closer inspection the sound might be coming from the burner or the pilot light

Your gas pressure could be too high or you could have a faulty gas control ( gas valve) , have the water heater checked my a qualified plumbing contractor ASAP. You could have a dangerous situation on your hand.

Spike did you ever get the pressure checked? If so what happened? My heater is showing the same symptoms as yours.

No, but I adjusted the temprature settings and the noise stopped. I guess it was set too high, I didn't think that would do anything but the noise ended in a day. I don't know if that would work for you or not.

Latest posts

Back