hi

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clestral1

Reaction score
i want to know what i can do about a plumbing company that doesnt do a good job =, because i already reported them to BBB?

from day one they caused problems they were setting up the furnace they created a arc in the electricity and it lighted up our back yard and they left it that way and when they came back they put in they didnt do the plumbing pipes in right either and after all that it started to go on the frits it would shut down and we would have to push a button to turn it back on that happened three times and during this time they would tell the land lord it was our fault but it wasnt so now they fixed it but it still doesnt take them off the fence for not doing it right from the start and we are not the first ones to compalin about them with the BBB's they have and F mark.

I've found that BBB is mostly hype, and really don't want to get involved. It may give them a blackeye if the problem isn't resolved, but if they are not members of BBB in the first place, the company will not care.

I'd recommend you contact the State Contractor's License Board, if they were actually licensed in the first place.

havasu how where can i either get the number or email address and how do i find out if dashing dan has one.

havasu how where can i either get the number or email address and how do i find out if dashing dan has one.

Here in CA if you have a license you must display the number on your door or anywhere else you advertise. Google your states contractors license board and see if you can look him up there.

yea chris but it took a while for them to do it.

I just wanted to make sure he actually did wrong and not that he just had a bad attitude or something. Complaining to the license board is a very serious thing and as a licensed contractor myself it would hurt me to have someone complain just because they didn't like me. The license board is not forgiving they don't care if you need it to feed your family they suspend usually until they get things straightened out. But if he did do shoty work and didn't get back to you or fix it in a reasonable amount of time then by all means complain away. I hate crooked contractors as much or more than most, they give us all a bad name.

Chris he lied to my land lord as well as made a mess which took them over a off and on over of 3wks or more to do the job correctly and we still dont know if its finished.

Here is the NY contractors board. Lorraine A. Cortes-Vazquez, Secretary of State New York Department of State But please think about it twice and make sure they were 100% in the wrong before you complain. Construction is rarely a pleasent thing for the home owner/Tennant and sometimes things are out of the contractors control but I was not there so I have no idea what you went through. Hope this helps but you will probably have to search that site a little to find him, also if you complained to the BB they should have his license number (If he has one) to make things easier.

I actually read it this time but this is what I came up with. It looks like he would be licensed more locally maybe by the county or even more local but I am sure that website will help you out.

New York
NYS Department of State Division of Corporations
41 State Street
Albany, NY 12231
518-473-2492
Lorraine A. Cortes-Vazquez, Secretary of State New York Department of State

State license is required for Asbestos Abatement. All other licensing is done at the local level. Businesses must register with the Secretary of State.

they sent me to the consumers affair board and i am waiting for them to call me back.

I concur with what Chris said. There is a huge difference with "longer than expected" or "half hearted" work as opposed to shoddy, code violations and abuse of their licenses. I recommend it only as a last resort.

havasu and chris me and my husband knw thee was shoddy if u have seen what we have u would really thinnk badly of them.

Back