Hi from Florida

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeeper5501

Reaction score
We purchased property that has a new slab, with the plumbing already in the slab (1 full bath + 1/2 bath). My questions is, do we have to design around the sewer lines? reason is, the seller's design is dysfunctional. We want to design a 3 bedrooms and 3.5 baths, 2 of which are not included in the existing design. How can we achieve the addition of 2 extra full baths. do we have to saw into the existing slab? if not how

We purchased property that has a new slab, with the plumbing already in the slab (1 full bath + 1/2 bath). My questions is, do we have to design around the sewer lines? reason is, the seller's design is dysfunctional. We want to design a 3 bedrooms and 3.5 baths, 2 of which are not included in the existing design. How can we achieve the addition of 2 extra full baths. do we have to saw into the existing slab? if not how
Hire a plumber to look the job over to see if it’s even possible.

You would also have to know what else is in the slab,you would need to increase your water main size,according to the total amount of fixtures your adding
The original plans (which is what is in the slab), calls for a total of 7 full baths and 1 half bath in a 2 story 8500 sq ft home. we are only building a 1 story 3/3.2 2300 sq ft home. We will be hiring all the sub's, but curious how difficult it is - or if it is necessary to cut into the slab. Unfortunately, the plans given to us do not include all the 2nd story plumbing layout. I have designed around the first floor. It's only if I find out the stubs are not near the 2 additional baths down stairs I am concerned about.

I assume the house you have designed will be totally on the existing slab, and that this is not a beach house on piers.

So, if that is right, as the sewer, and I assume water supplies, are currently under the existing slab, to add bathrooms on a single-story ranch at locations other than where the current stub outs are located will obviously include having to cut into the slab. You will need to know the exact layout, elevation and fittings used of all sewer lines under the slab to see if your proposed locations for the new bathrooms can be installed where you want them. The sewer lines need to slope towards the main sewer outlet, and the water supplies need to be sized such that they will provide the proper water volume to the fixtures.

Back