Here is proof we have gone bat**** crazy

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But our legislature is spending all their time in office fighting to eliminate the tampon tax. Don't stop there, eliminate all taxes!

Or at least spend the money on what's it's meant for. And not the payroll of the guys in charge of what it's meant for

do you have state tax on wages also..?

food tax ?

Yes, we also have state income tax. And our internet is taxed (although they call it a "fee" because it is actually illegal to tax internet).

Tax is exempted or reduced on certain items like unprepared food, prescription medication, labor/service, etc. Tax is not applied to purchases made with food stamps.

But there are a lot of people who could barely afford stuff before the hike.

My mother is currently having problems with the state income tax people because they misplaced a form she submitted and are threatening to fine her $3k if she doesn't resubmit the form (first they accused her of not filing taxes at all, then we called and said we had proof in the form of a certified return receipt-- then they said they got the wrong form; Mom looked at the form online and it was the same form she submitted). We need to print out the form and send it again, but the printer isn't working. It won't let us file online for some stupid reason.

Cant blame them. Let the U.S. play the world police force getting soldiers killed and racking up Trillions in debt.

Well, it is all a game to make big business richer and of course some of that will always find a way back into the pockets of the politicians. We have the best government money can buy.

Supposedly we are there to keep them from coming over here, even though they have been here for years.

GOLDEN RULE- Incoming has the right of way at all times... :eek:

Politics in a plumbing forum is a bad idea. The country is quite evenly split and polarized. Which means no matter what anybody says--that has a political twist--half the readers will be reaching for their digital hand guns.

Bat **** crazy? Not necessarily so. The drugs are available and users use them. It might as well be legalized. They tried in the Netherlands and there were large benefits. Organized crime was almost put out of business. Clean heroin means fewer deaths. Look at Keith Richards. In the long run it was no good because the Netherlands was the only country to do this so all of Europe's addicts moved there. If all of Europe had followed it would have been a different story.

They tried to prohibit alcohol use but that didn't work.
Now legal in every state but each have different levels of control.
Alcohol abuse is still a big problem every where.
Gun abuse is a big problem as well.
For those who drink and shoot responsibly, it's all good.
Might as well make heroine legal so those who can be responsible users can use it responsibly as well. :rolleyes:

They tried to prohibit alcohol use but that didn't work.
Now legal in every state but each have different levels of control.
Alcohol abuse is still a big problem every where.
Gun abuse is a big problem as well.
For those who drink and shoot responsibly, it's all good.
Might as well make heroine legal so those who can be responsible users can use it responsibly as well. :rolleyes:

aint gonna happen,

they are freaking out about opium pain killers rat now, trying to bully doctors not to subscribe. and they are legal.

the gubment cant keep their collective noses out of your personal business long enough for that idea to fly.

I was in a major car accident a year ago. My back was jacked beyond belief. Norco dulled the pain to tolerable. After the first three days he would not refill. I made a weeks worth of pills last three months but was in extreme pain. He kept telling me I would get addicted and he could not give me anymore. After the first month I told him I was taking four Motrin about ten times a day and I was worried about that. Still would not give a so called narcotic. Still to this day I take at least 12-20 motrins a day for pain. Some people think it is better for me to ruin my stomach and potentially die instead of giving me a medication that actually helps.

It might be a narcotic but at least I'm not going to get an ulcer and die from taking too much Motrin.

Back