Help with Shower Fixture Identification

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swrving

Reaction score
The cartridge in our shower fixture has failed, and I'm having problems identifying the manufacturer to source a replacement cartridge.

The only markings I can see which you'll see in the picture below are three squiggly lines, wave like in the brass casting, along with the CSA stamp. Finally there is a stamp of the Rubber Cartridge housing that says Made in Canada.

Any help in identifying this would be greatly appreciated, I don't want to have to cut a whole in the wall behind to replace.

The cartridge looks like a Tempress pressure balance cartridge. The tub/shower valve could be a Newport Brass pressure balance valve or Tempress pressure balance valve.

Thanks! That's a huge help, I'll be in touch with them tomorrow when offices re-open to order a new one!

That worked!

I picked up a Tempress TII Pressure Balance Cartridge from one of their local dealers, and it was almost half the price of the seemingly identical Newport Brass cartridge.

Thanks so much for the help!

You're welcome --- Glad we could help.

Latest posts

Back