help with severe clog in 4 inch pipe

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumberpaul

Reaction score
I cabled this 4'' drain line several times. it gets through the clog but doesnt clear it. I tried attaching a drain king onto a hose and sticking it down in there as well (it just shoots back out from the shower and toilet instead of penetrating through the clog).

You guys have any idea what it is?

I was going to use the jetter, but it would back up from the toilet and shower inside the house.

I'm going to cut out that segment of pipe (I marked in green) with snap cutters/angle grinder and replace it. That is the section that is clogged. Although I think the clog might be at the bend (where I marked in red) where it goes into the wall.

I'd like to cut closer to the wall (where I marked in red), but I plan on using no hub couplings and I don't think the no hub couplings would fit that close to the wall where the Y fitting is or where the elbow going into the wall is.

What do you guys think? Any advice?

If it turns out that the clog is at the elbow (where I marked in red) then I plan to cap off the 1.5'' pipe (where I marked in yellow) and using a jetter to blast through that clog.

sewer1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back