Help with Old Delta Faucet

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cardangelo

Reaction score
The Delta faucet that came along with the home we bought 15 years ago finally broke. We can’t find it on the replacement finder on the Delta website. Any idea who sells this? Thanks!

Attachments

• 9481A520-89CF-42DE-8068-56ABFE1A86F3.jpeg
    9481A520-89CF-42DE-8068-56ABFE1A86F3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 65CF73B9-8018-4F4B-AF18-D85B22CA5536.jpeg
    65CF73B9-8018-4F4B-AF18-D85B22CA5536.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
Delta should be able to get that part for you.
They may even send you a replacement part free/under warranty. A lot of plumbing mfg do that. I've gotten replacement valves, hand held sprayers, hoses, and aerators from Moen, Delta, and Kohler.
Turn around time in my experience has been 5 days-2 weeks.

If you decide to get a replacement, compare the quality. In some cases, it may not be the same as what you have.
good luck.
J

They may even send you a replacement part free/under warranty. A lot of plumbing mfg do that. I've gotten replacement valves, hand held sprayers, hoses, and aerators from Moen, Delta, and Kohler.
Turn around time in my experience has been 5 days-2 weeks.

If you decide to get a replacement, compare the quality. In some cases, it may not be the same as what you have.
good luck.
J

It doesn’t read like the original poster is the original owner of the faucet. So it’s not covered under a warranty from Delta.

Got bunch of repair parts from Delta for an OLD crystal handle faucet. They never asked for a receipt, or whether I was original owner. Can't hurt to try, it's just a phone call.

Got bunch of repair parts from Delta for an OLD crystal handle faucet. They never asked for a receipt, or whether I was original owner. Can't hurt to try, it's just a phone call.

Get all you can for free is the society we live in today.

Get all you can for free is the society we live in today.
I'm not a grifter.
They provided a lifetime warranty no one held a gun to their head, having them live up to it is the right thing to do, IMNSHO.

I used to think about whether the lifetime was mine, or the item warrantied.

"Oh, it stopped working? Well then the warranty is null and void, the items lifetime is over!"

I'm not a grifter.
They provided a lifetime warranty no one held a gun to their head, having them live up to it is the right thing to do, IMNSHO.

I used to think about whether the lifetime was mine, or the item warrantied.

"Oh, it stopped working? Well then the warranty is null and void, the items lifetime is over!"
The lifetime warranty only applies to the original owner of the faucet.

If Delta wants to send parts out for free that’s fine with me but their warranty excludes subsequent owners.

The lifetime warranty only applies to the original owner of the faucet.
I understand that a non-transferrable warranty is intended to limit a company's liability and that's why they do it. On the other hand, there are companies, Bryston in Canada for instance, that manufactures high quality audio equipment for the home whose analog amplifier products have a full twenty-year warranty that is completely transferrable to subsequent owners. Their digital stuff, on the other hand, is limited to five years because of parts obsolescence but it is still transferrable. To me that says they stand behind the quality of their product regardless of who they sell it to in the first place or, in the case of a faucet, who buys the home the second time around.

I understand that a non-transferrable warranty is intended to limit a company's liability and that's why they do it. On the other hand, there are companies, Bryston in Canada for instance, that manufactures high quality audio equipment for the home whose analog amplifier products have a full twenty-year warranty that is completely transferrable to subsequent owners. Their digital stuff, on the other hand, is limited to five years because of parts obsolescence but it is still transferrable. To me that says they stand behind the quality of their product regardless of who they sell it to in the first place or, in the case of a faucet, who buys the home the second time around.

Ok.....

... To me that says they stand behind the quality of their product regardless of who they sell it to in the first place or, in the case of a faucet, who buys the home the second time around.
>....... :thumbsup: ......<

The faucet is 15 yrs old and the op appears not to be the original owner, yet he’s being given advice to seek out a warranty that doesn’t apply to him.

I set the record straight for subsequent readers.

I'm having a problem with a new electronic switch (vacancy switch) just installed in a bathroom.
Bought the switch (NOS: New Old Stock) on eBay a few years ago; Switch was probably manufactured in 2012, based on date of the instruction sheet. Manufacturer (Leviton) offers a 5 year warranty.
Called their tech support line, who diagnosed interference on the electrical line, they are sending me a Capacitor to wire into the circuit, which they say will cure the problem.

That 5 year warranty is long gone, but the manufacturer is still supporting their customers.
Which is how excellent customer service, begets good word of mouth advertising, which begets more customers and more sales.

I'm having a problem with a new electronic switch (vacancy switch) just installed in a bathroom.
Bought the switch (NOS: New Old Stock) on eBay a few years ago; Switch was probably manufactured in 2012, based on date of the instruction sheet. Manufacturer (Leviton) offers a 5 year warranty.
Called their tech support line, who diagnosed interference on the electrical line, they are sending me a Capacitor to wire into the circuit, which they say will cure the problem.

That 5 year warranty is long gone, but the manufacturer is still supporting their customers.
Which is how excellent customer service, begets good word of mouth advertising, which begets more customers and more sales.

Try that with your car dealer.

If the warranty doesn’t apply then it’s not a warranty, it’s a give away. That’s fine but don’t get it confused by calling it a warranty.

Try that with your car dealer.

If the warranty doesn’t apply then it’s not a warranty, it’s a give away. That’s fine but don’t get it confused by calling it a warranty.
I changed the oil filler cap on my Dodge Charger Hellcat to a nice red billet aluminum model for the looks and when I brought the car in for a failing rod bearing after only 2k miles on the clock, the dealer tried to wiggle out of a warranty claim saying that I had "modified" the motor. Luckily Chrysler Fiat told the dealer to go pound sand and fix it. I don't trust car dealers at all.

Actually we're not talking about warranties, we're talking about Support, Customer Service, and Goodwill.
Some businesses give those three, and sometimes more, others, "not so much". Car dealers are usually in the second group. (Probably because they're protected from competition by automobile-specific franchise laws)
Apples and Oranges. I'm done.

Actually we're not talking about warranties, we're talking about Support, Customer Service, and Goodwill.
Some businesses give those three, and sometimes more, others, "not so much". Car dealers are usually in the second group. (Probably because they're protected from competition by automobile-specific franchise laws)
Apples and Oranges. I'm done.
Read your post number 9.

I’m talking about a warranty or guarantee.

The rest is free stuff people get that the company gives out to make people happy.

I’m trying to spotlight there’s a difference. A big difference.

Back