Help with faulty thermostatic cartridge

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

optimas

Reaction score
The water from my shower is getting lukewarm recently even I turn temperature control to highest. I've disassembled the shower valve to find out why. Unfortunately I do not know the brand or model of the valve. Could anyone help me figure out what the problem is? Do I need to replace the cartridge? I searched for a few days but could not find a exact match of the cartridge.

Thanks in advance!

Here is the pictures:

Gruh...my eyes are bleeding from looking at cartridges but I don;t see that one in my books or online. Either it is some really obscure offshore job, or I am totally blind.

Poke around STEM   IDENTIFICATION   INDEX if you want, i went through them all twice and although there a couple that are close I didn't see that one. That or maybe one of the other guys will recognize it.

Gruh...my eyes are bleeding from looking at cartridges but I don;t see that one in my books or online. Either it is some really obscure offshore job, or I am totally blind.

Poke around STEM** IDENTIFICATION** INDEX if you want, i went through them all twice and although there a couple that are close I didn't see that one. That or maybe one of the other guys will recognize it.

Thanks, found the brand, it's called riobel

I have been getting lukewarm bathtub water from a Riobel thermostatic valve. My plumber replaced the hot water cartridge but the problem did not improve. Help!!?

I have been getting lukewarm bathtub water from a Riobel thermostatic valve. My plumber replaced the hot water cartridge but the problem did not improve. Help!!?

Is there a hot water limiter on the unit at all? Something that stops the handle from turning fully.

Thank you so much for answering! My plumber is coming back tomorrow. I will mention this to him. Makes a lot of sense -- the hot does not turn very far, but the cold handle turns plenty.

Latest posts

Back