Help with Connecting Primer

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff8242

Reaction score
I need some help understanding how to connect the primer lines that were installed during my plumbing rough-in. The white pex is the supply line and the two black pipes are the primer lines.

Please see the attached photo. Any information would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 554838138_02.jpg
    554838138_02.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 29
I assume from your question you intend on hooking up your trap primer to the water line.
if that is a lav sink rough in, I would hook it up to the drain, it would be a whole lot cheaper
but the choice is yours
here is how to hook up to both

2.jpg

I assume from your question you intend on hooking up your trap primer to the water line.
if that is a lav sink rough in, I would hook it up to the drain, it would be a whole lot cheaper
but the choice is yours
here is how to hook up to both

View attachment 17987

Thank you very much for the information. In the blue drawing, what is the part used for #2 - trap primer?

the trap primer, lets a little water leak into the trap every time the water at the fixture is used

View attachment 17988

Is there anything special happening in the distribution splitter after the trap primer or could I just split it using various threaded and pex fittings?

1/2" threaded brass to 1/2" pex, pex to 1/2" splitter to my two pex primer lines.

yes, it has a cone shaped thingy inside the splitter
that separates the water evenly,
you could do it if the tee was dead ass level

I get it now. It ensures equal distribution, which is critical. Thank you.

When I went to buy the parts for option 2, primer tailpiece, the salesman said I should be concerned about grey water sitting in my floor drains. I am not sure if it is a real concern but decided to go with option 1, just in case.

Thank you for the help.

Latest posts

Back