Help with clogged bathtub

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDezz

Reaction score
I have a bathtub that is draining very slowly. I tried removing the overflow plate and pulled up the overflow linkage, and this made the drainage worse and made the drainage even slower.

The overflow linkage appears to be and the cylinder appears to be in one piece.

YA29KR1.jpg

NUl2Ndz.jpg

YA29KR1

NUl2Ndz

I'm assuming there was some debris in the drain, and removing assembly knocked it further down the drain. I tried using a drum augur to unclog the drain, and it keeps running into something very solid. No matter what I do, I cannot get the augur bit to grab on or go past whatever is down there.

I do have access to the drain pipe and I've been trying to remove the P trap and see inside the pipe.
nB8LdNk.jpg

w3Fr5Uh.jpg

The nut on the left came off pretty easily as you can see, but I've been having a hell of a time getting the nut on the right off. I've sprayed it multiple times with PBlaster and tried hitting it with a mallet and nothing is working. Does it come off or is it one solid piece?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Call a plumber and have them clean the line. Wondering if your auger is getting through the trap or not. But regardless, you will need to put some muscle into getting the other nut loose.

I have a bathtub that is draining very slowly. I tried removing the overflow plate and pulled up the overflow linkage, and this made the drainage worse and made the drainage even slower.

The overflow linkage appears to be and the cylinder appears to be in one piece.

YA29KR1.jpg

NUl2Ndz.jpg

YA29KR1

NUl2Ndz

I'm assuming there was some debris in the drain, and removing assembly knocked it further down the drain. I tried using a drum augur to unclog the drain, and it keeps running into something very solid. No matter what I do, I cannot get the augur bit to grab on or go past whatever is down there.

I do have access to the drain pipe and I've been trying to remove the P trap and see inside the pipe.
nB8LdNk.jpg

w3Fr5Uh.jpg

The nut on the left came off pretty easily as you can see, but I've been having a hell of a time getting the nut on the right off. I've sprayed it multiple times with PBlaster and tried hitting it with a mallet and nothing is working. Does it come off or is it one solid piece?
that's a gerber trip lever assembly have you tried wetting a rag and putting it in the overflowand giving it a few good plunges
Thanks a lot in advance.

Latest posts

Back