Help with cartridge/stem

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misterjw

Reaction score
Hello,

I need to replace my cartridge/stem, which is to a Glacier Bay unit. I have been to 5 stores, 4 of which are home improvement and the fifth is a plumbing company. None carry the part. I have done some searching and cannot find a whole lot. I have attached an image of the part.

The plumbing company advised me to replace my unit. Results on the internet say that Glacier Bay is cheap. Should I go ahead and replace or continue my search? Another thought is to go to Home Depot to see if the Glacier Bay units have the same cartridge.

photo.JPG

Replace the whole shower unit? If so go with either a Delta or a Moen, if it were me I'd go Moen.

Try calling Glacier Bay, although I'm not too sure if they're around anymore.

Just made a trip to Home Depot and bought another Glacier Bay unit. It had the same exact cartridge as in my picture!!!

I get it about putting in a better unit but right now I needed an inexpensive fix. And now, I have a receipt and proof of purchase. I know that down the road I'll probably have to replace the entire unit.

If it happens again then replace the unit, and I'm surprised the depot had it seeing as I'm more of a Rona kinda guy! Haha

Latest posts

Back