Help with a new garbage disposal install

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blueyzfr6

Reaction score
There wasn't a disposal, and I added one. Now the drain is SUPER SLOW. Here some pics. Once the water goes down, it makes a "gulping" noise. Any help would be AWESOME!!!!! Someone said use an enzyme based drain cleaner. I used Roebic for the last 2 nights, and it's still super slow

15201089609144771531211291401056.jpg

152010899030159656988143246655.jpg

1520109007531294408023415599800.jpg

Did you have that tee connector before the disposal was installed.

Last edited:
Tighten this lock ring before your disposal falls off the flange.

12934C47-CECF-4829-8513-C70141843339.jpg

Is that a directional drainage tee. I am not a fan of using tee's like that. The water could easily run past that. You need to get that tee in a vertical position. I am also wondering about the fall on any of that piping, it looks fairly flat to me.

That appears to be a conventional tee. You need the tee with directional baffles.

You also need to loop that dishwasher drain hose up high. When that garbage disposal gets filled up it is back feeding into that hose

Did it drain good when it was just a double sink only. If not, then you will have to cut out that 90 degree elbow that the trap is going into and put a tee in its place and an AAV on top of the tee as high as possible to where you could replace it. If you do this then get a disposal drain kit and install it instead of that center tee. And for what they cost get a new 11/2" p-trap. If it still drains slow after all this then the drain needs snaked out.

Did it drain good when it was just a double sink only. If not, then you will have to cut out that 90 degree elbow that the trap is going into and put a tee in its place and an AAV on top of the tee as high as possible to where you could replace it. If you do this then get a disposal drain kit and install it instead of that center tee. And for what they cost get a new 11/2" p-trap. If it still drains slow after all this then the drain needs snaked out.
Yea, it drained fine

You probably loosened up some gunk in the drain and now its slow. Snake it out. Should be good to go. Let us know what you find out.

Back