HELP! Signing on House this Week

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tooth Mechanic

Reaction score
I would like to humbly ask a question to the folks familiar with wells. I am in a situation in which I am signing the mortgage papers for on a fannie mae home this week, but I have noticed a growing collection of water in the front yard, against the slab, that the realtors keep claiming to just be rain water. This will be my first home on a well and I can't find any meter that I can check to see if there is running water when water is turned off to the house. All I find is a pressure meter that seems to go between 40-60 psi. My question is do wells have a meter that I check to find a leak under the slab like traditional city water? And if not, how do I check to see if this is a water leak?

Wells do not have meters(normally). If you can isolate the house (a shut off valve). Turn the shut off and then shut the well down. See if the gauge on the pressure switch slowly goes to zero. It kind of depends on how it’s plumbed. You can also put a pressure gauge on a hose bib and shut everything down and see what happens. Be careful, slab leaks are spendy to fix.

Latest posts

Back