Help! Is our concrete septic broken

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie492

Reaction score
our breaker switch kept tripping yesterday so I went out today and our pump is constantly running. I shut it off and opened the lid to the last tank and I can see the water level is normal, floaters hanging down, but a pipe that looks to be broken and dropped in a standing g position in there and I can’t be sure but it lookslike a concrete wall is pushed in? I can’t remember what it looked like last time when we installed the new pump in it. This aerobic system was installed 20 years ago when my in laws bought this mobile home. We took over the payments on it 14 years ago as they built a home. Do these photos look like it’s broken and moved inward?

Well, sent pictures to a guy we know that used to work for our local septic system business. He confirmed that it is in fact concrete. Looks like all the wet weather we've had has pushed the concrete end wall inwards and the pressure of the concrete looks like it broke off the pipe that suctions the water out. He's going to come saturday to fix the pipe part so our septic can still pump out the water, but looks like we're gonna need to get bids for a new system install. Not a great start to this new year. Our home will be paid off this summer and plans were to find property in town and move the home. But if we're having to install a new system, we won't be moving any time soon. What a pain in the butt.

If our friend has his wastewater license, is it possible and more cost affordable to just have him buy the tank and parts and have him install it all instead? We live out in the country and under no contract with any septic company.

Latest posts

Back