Help identifying piece under kitchen sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CReese

Reaction score
I have a garbage disposal and dishwasher attached under my sink. We just moved in and when we turn the water on one side of the sink it starts leaking. Its leaking from a rubber hose that comes off the pipe. To me it looks like "duh" ofcourse its going to leak from this hose. Its open and when water drains down it seems obvious that water would run from it. The left side of the sink connects further down on the pipe so when we run water there it doesn't leak. Does anyone have a clue as to what this rubber drainage hose is? Im not a plumber but Ive never seen anything like it and cant guess as to whats its purpose is. I tried to attach a photo but for some reason it wont let me. Just hoping to be pointed in the right direction

Here is photo. Looking to identify rubber hose shooting to the left. Need to find out what it is so I can figure out why it is leaking water everywhere.

Photo May 30, 9 58 02 PM.jpg

It looks like at one time there was a RO filter under the sink. That hose was the drain for it. It needs to be removed or caped. The easiest way to do this would be to find a bolt or screw that fits into the hose very tightly. The correct way is to remove the clamp that is around the small section of drain line. You will also have to replace that section of drain line because there will be a hole drilled into it.

John

Back