HELP! House water supply randomly stopping completely

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetaction616

Reaction score
I am a renter in Oklahoma City, and have been in this rental house since last March. Early this summer, the water to the house would stop completely, at every faucet. The first time, I called the water utility to verify that the water had not been turned off. It hadn't. The water utility then sent a man out to inspect the lines, where he said there was no problem with the line, the problem was with the house's water line.

The water did come back on, anywhere from 3-7 hours later, but there is no definite amount of time it takes to come back on.

The leasing agency we are renting through sent a plumber one night when it was off, but it magically came back on before he arrived. He noticed there was not just sediment in the line, but full on rocks.

Could this be causing the water to completely shut off to the house, then come back on completely in 3-7 hours?? It doesn't make sense to us, and the leasing agency is being less than helpful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It could be something in the line that is moving causing loss of water. If the leasing agent won't help I would call the health dept. The landlord must supply you with a potable water source.

John

I'de be questioning where the rocks came from in the first place. Here in Florida, if you don't have water, you don't have to pay the rent. You might want to throw that one at them.

Back