Hansgrohe mixing valve cartridge part?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bergerman

Reaction score
Hi,
My shower doesn’t get very hot and does not change temperature well recently. I think the mixer cartridge needs replacing because I get good hot water to my sink in the same bathroom. I believe my mixing unit is a Hansgrohe (the hand shower wand nearby has it stamped on) but I cannot find it on the Hansgrohe spare parts website. I noticed that almost every cartridge on the drawings was a
94282000 so I orderd it (even though I knew it was not a like for like replacement) but it is too small and not correct.
IMG_8524.JPG
Does anyone know what cartridge and/or replacement this is? I put it in a picture above and it’s the all brass one above the black plastic 94282000. There was a bit of scale on the screen when I took it out the first time and I soaked in CLR, but I don’t think the screen being blocked was the issue. Any other ideas? I felt around the mixer body and no obstruction or lack of hot or cold water flow when I removed the cartridge. Below is what my handle exterior looks like.

IMG_8525.JPG

I have changed those older ones before, that whole valve is totally weird like a steampunk control for a time machine.
I think the cartridge even has wax inside to control temp balance.

Sorry, I don’t know the info to order new, but a Google image search should find a match.

Looks like the website is in Europe, meanwhile the model number should be of help.
Call US customer service.

Hansgrohe 94562000 Thermostatic Cartridge

Not an exact match, the innermost end is a little different.
Might be compatible, might be an update on yours.
Cust svc will know.
Send them your pics.

Not an exact match, the innermost end is a little different.
Might be compatible, might be an update on yours.
Cust svc will know.
Send them your pics.
Thanks Jeff, I think that's it but that's the only website that I see hit it. I just sent a note to customer service at Hansgrohe. Also, I tried to take it apart as much as I could as I thought maybe I would find something obvious faulty component that I could mend. This is what the sliding inside looks like.
IMG_8506.JPGIMG_8507.JPG

That thermostatic cartridge was originally made by Zipponi for Altmans. The OEM number was HFCART. There are several plumbing supply houses in the Houston area that should be able to get you a replacement. TMS-South (713-664-3333) - should have it in stock, Universal Plumbing Supply (713-225-2800) - will be able to bring it in for you.

1608657864223.png

That thermostatic cartridge was originally made by Zipponi for Altmans. The OEM number was HFCART. There are several plumbing supply houses in the Houston area that should be able to get you a replacement. TMS-South (713-664-3333) - should have it in stock, Universal Plumbing Supply (713-225-2800) - will be able to bring it in for you.

View attachment 26903
Thanks so much bawater. I would have never have known or found that. i'll call those places

Just to feedback to close this out. I was able to source the part and just swapped it out. Now my shower is nice and hot! Thanks again for everyone's help and input.

Latest posts

Back