Handle Removal Trouble of AXOR Montreux Thermostatic

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepsterinpasadena

Reaction score
Hi all, amateur home improvement guy here in a new home. I am trying to remove the shower handle of my Hansgrophe. I've removed the screw, but the handle won't budge. Is there another screw or attachment I'm missing? PB Blaster soaking hasn't helped loosen. Photo of specific model attached. Any help appreciated.

IMG_3319.jpg

Most handles have a screw under the plastic cap, but many Hansgrohe have a hidden screw under the handle. What screw did you remove?

I removed the screw at the bottom of the handle, but it still won't budge.
Screw and handle attached for reference.
Do you think there is another screw or a latch to release?
IMG_3322.jpgIMG_3323.jpg

Have you trying to pop the porcelain cap on the leading edge of the handle? It may be solid, so do so with precision. If it doesnt pop off, you may need to resort to a handle puller.

Great tip. I removed the Porcelain Cap. There was another screw underneath, that I removed. But the handle still won't come off.

The handle has a locking button on top, but I can't tell if there's something else I'm missing.

Handle Pulled didn't do the trick. It definitely feels like there is an additional locking mechanism or screw in there. Best next thought is to call in a professional.

Latest posts

Back