Grinder pump pushing air to toilet and sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodward42

Reaction score
I’ve got a lot going on with my grinder pump situation. It’s in my basement and the only waste going into it is the washer, toilet, sink and shower. I’ve had the issue of it getting air locked when the washer drains it forces air back into the toilet and sink. Throwing water out of the toilet. I vented it to the outside to try and help it breathe but to no avail. Not sure what else to do at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

I assume your wastes are flowing into a sump. And if that sump is open vented to the outside atmosphere, there is no way that the pump should be able to pressurize the sump such that is throws water out of the toilet. Maybe show us a diagram of picture of your installation.

I assume your wastes are flowing into a sump. And if that sump is open vented to the outside atmosphere, there is no way that the pump should be able to pressurize the sump such that is throws water out of the toilet. Maybe show us a diagram of picture of your installation.

Back