Greetings!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruzn57

life time of errors!
Reaction score
being new, and lacking in knowledge about well/ pumps, etc
we have a deep well (620ft) 2hp pump, feeding a 1600 gal tank , then to another pump, with pressure bladder.
question, how do I increase water pressure?
currently set at 30-50 would like 40-60. and would larger bladder help from cycling so often? current bladder looks to be about 20 gal.

Thanks
Lee

A larger pressure tank will help with cycling for sure. The bigger the tank the more draw down you have. Also there should be a pressure switch on you're tank tee. You should see wires coming out there (110 or 220 V) most of them have set screws with springs below them. One is cut in pressure(the pressure your system drops down to and the well pump kicks on) and one is cut out pressure (pressure is achieved and pump kicks out) I haven't adjusted one in a while but I believe it's the longer set screw that adjusts cut out pressure. Post some pictures if possible.

All you need to do is turn the largest adjustment screw in the pressure switch about 3 full turns to the right to get it up to 40/60. But you have to make sure your pump can even produce 60 PSI. If it can’t reach 60 to shut off, it will melt down in a few minutes. At the very least just watch it a few times and make sure it can build to 60 and shut off.

A bigger pressure tank will decrease the number of cycles, but there are ways to eliminate cycling during periods of long term water uses, and get constant pressure as well.

If you really want good pressure, next time your jet pump goes out, install a submersible pump in the large atmospheric tank.

Latest posts

Back