Greetings to all plumbers out there...

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgilley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
be they DIY'rs or professionals. Me? Father of 11 - all grown, they left and then some came back. 10 grand kids, 3 great grand kids, and since I'm pushing retirement, I'm getting very handy again. The current project is bringing my 1989 built house up to MY standards and renovating bathrooms. The current battle in the house is where is all my water going? Normal bill was 35, it's now 95. I suspect it has something to do with the adults moving home :).

So, what are my standards for plumbing? Don't be stupid. We'll go from there. Plumbers should do plumbing if it were their own house.
  1. Already removed all the polybutylene from the house. No more leaks.
  2. Moved my pressure regulator to the crawlspace instead of burying the dang thing next to the meter.
  3. Put a porch on the house, so relocated the main to run from the crawlspace to an access in the garage where anyone can kill the water to the house in 60 seconds. Put the dang regulator there as well :)
  4. Installed a new spigot on the exterior garage wall at county water pressure :) and upgraded my old hoses.

Next up - septic upgrades. Sort of the end of the line for the plumbing. Why very few septic tanks in my area have risers is mystifying to me.

Happy to be here.

Most people do not want to pay for plumbing done the way I do it in my house.

The overwhelming major will not pay for that quality of work.

The number one priority of a plumber is to make a profit, it’s not a hobby. Most homeowners priority is getting the work done as cheap as possible. The result of the two is plumbing that lasts a while but then becomes a maintenance issue.

Back