green pipes from aquatherm

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homesto

Reaction score
does anyone have any info about green pipes from aquatherm? how do they work? any good? expensive?

It's a fuzed connection, pretty good stuff, only legal plastic pipe in commercial bldg in Ma

Sent from my iPhone using Plumbing Forum

Pro: it is economic and simply to use, has less hot dispersion than copper. . Against:you must use bigger size than copper and multi pipe,and most important every fitting of aquaterm creates a Water resistance.. This reduces the scope..

Pro: it is economic and simply to use, has less hot dispersion than copper. . Against:you must use bigger size than copper and multi pipe,and most important every fitting of aquaterm creates a Water resistance.. This reduces the scope..

You guys have had it a while in Europe correct? It's a new product in the states and was approved in my state for use about 1 1/2 year ago. I inspected an install recently , pretty cool stuff. It's seems that sometimes it would be a pain to make some connections on the big pipe because of the joining method in tight places or a second set of hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Plumbing Forum

Hi plumbdrum.. Sorry, I don't understand.. Are you speaking of which product? Have you the brand or some photos of this product?

Thanks plumbdrum.. I watched the site, but I have used only the green type.. Here there are some plumbers that use much aquaterm.. They use that system when they must keep low prices.. Here we have three price "categories".. In low price usually we use galvanised pipes or aquaterm, medium price, we use an economic multipipe, in high price, we use a good multipipe or stainless steel..are many years that I don't use aquaterm for sanitary water.. Last time I have used it was about ten years ago for make a wall heating..

What is this multipipe?

It must be pretty nice to use stainless steel. Even though it would be rather labor intensive to install, you would know that the pipe would be good for many, many years.

Multipipe is composed from three type of pipe.. Pex, aluminium and Teflon.. Stainless steel is good..we use this with press fittings.. While in industrial field usually welded..

Back