Grass green over leech field

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norby

Reaction score
Hi,
My question is that my grass has green stripes over the septic field and also a green line from the septic tank to the field. There are no problems in the house,no back ups. You can do the wash,flush the toliet and do dishes and the systems works fine fine. I'm just worried about the green grass over the leech field. I am attaching some pictures so show what I am talking about.

PS: Do I have a problem and can it be fixed,,,,also I had my septic tank clean in Sept. of 2011,,,,,,,,,,System is 24 yrs old.

thank you,

Last edited:
If everything is working fine just keep an eye on it -- If you are overly concerned , have your system inspected for $200 Plus/minus. (you could have a small problem or no problems at all)

It looks like it's the low end of the drain field. There may be a little moisture there then in the upper section. As long as it's not blowing out of the ground your OK.

John

Has it been dry in your area?

It's been very dry here and where the septic lines are the grass is getting more water.

Just a thought...

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your advice everyone,it has been dry here and I did not fertilize this year. Maybe that's why I see the green stripes on the grass. Like I said in the begining,my systems works fine,flush the toliet,do the wash and dishes at the same time and all drains well,no problems. I checked the ground in the area and no water is coming up to the surface and the ground is hard not soft. I will keep a eye on it.

Thank you again,

Back