Good Pipe Themometer

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ftres

Reaction score
I have a mixing valve i use for domestic hot water. I want to keep tabs on the temperature of the hot water going from the tank to the mixing valve, and then from the mixing valve out to the house.

It seems the strap on or clamp on types are the easiest. Are they worthwhile? How accurate are they? I'd appreciate any recommendations.

I found this one - https://www.plumbingsupplynow.com/h...Rh-K3oVKlU0v-aLzxJY8Rh2SNcfwDnvgaAifDEALw_wcB

Thanks.

The ad says it's "Accuracy is +/-3% of full scale".
Full scale is 250degrees F that I believe would be + or - 7.5 degrees F
Sorry I don't have any experience with these things, as much as I would like to know what my in and out hot water temperatures are.
But in my case I have a heating boiler that fluctuates up to 30 or 40 degrees F. Then my crappy Watts tempering valve can't seem to maintain reasonable temperature range to even bother trying to measure.

I would consider a good meat thermometer for taking sample temperatures at your point of use. I think there closer to +/- 1% accurate.

Latest posts

Back