go no go guages

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puke

Beautiful day
Reaction score
I've got two go no go guages.
They were both made by the same company (I think the company that owns pex...don't recall the name right now).
They do not match exactly...and I'm starting to get bugged.

One is "tighter" than the other. The tighter one often will read that the crimp will barely pass... if I move the guage in a circle around the crimp...it will bind a little..showing me that there is no such thing as a perfectly round crimp ring. The other guage will always read "good" and even if I run the go guage in a circle..it won't catch a little on the wider diameter portion of the not so perfect ring.

I guess my question is:
To the nearest thousandth of an inch...what are the specs for the go and no go for pex 1/2 and pex 3/4 ?????????????? I can't find that anywhere I've looked... And I haven't called them yet... To be honest...if they make two guages that do not match one another...why am I calling them except to remind them they need to wake up and smell the coffee?

Anybody with any info. please chime in. I suppose they might know this answer in the professional forum...but I'm not on that forum and it appears I might have to be special to reside there,...(even though when I do plumbing it is always in a professional capacity.)

Back