gas pipe sizing 25 meters distance.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tldo

Reaction score
Hello, im trying to size a copper pipe to move LPG from a tank to a gas burner 25meters away. I need 180kw (600.000BTU/h) capacity. First stage pressure reducer lowers gas to 1.5 bar. Second stage pressure reducer can goes from around 0.5 - 1.5bar and outputs milibars.
1st way of doing it : Use both pressure reducers right after the tank and move the gas at a very low pressure with large copper pipe size
2nd : use first rteducer after the tank, move the gas at 1.5 bar underground with smaller copper pipe and use second pressure regulator right before the burner.
In both cases what is the correct pipe size to use? Its all in external place and pipes are underground.

Here in United states the first regulator is installed at the tank.

The secondary regulator is installed near the appliance.

This allows you to install a smaller size gas line between the two regulators.

Last edited:
1.5 bar is almost 22 psi. That’s sporty…….

My sizing tables only go up to 10 psi.

You could use 1/2” O.D tube and have plenty…..probably get away with 3/8” OD copper tube. You’ll need to convert those to metric

Last edited:
My first regulator goes as low as 0.5 bar (7.2 psi). Can you share your table with me? I see some differences between them.
Also the second one says the lowest input is 0.5 bar, i guess ill have to contact the supplier/ manufacturer about that.

Back