Garbage disposal and Drain pipe ?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIYr

Reaction score
Hello,

Same old story, after remodel nothing lines up... Just trying to see if there's something I haven't thought of to fix this without having to cut into the wall to lower the drain. I had reversed the pipe labeled in the picture to meet the p-trap for now and since its not a good seal it leaks. I know I could get rid of the disposal but that would be a last option. There's a cleanout right below as you can see in the picture but I'm sure for code reasons I cannot use it. Changing the sink is out of question too because it's an under mount and would rather not.

So basically that leaves me with a gap between the p-trap and wall drain pipe. Any options here besides cutting into the wall?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I would appreciate any sound (experienced w/in code) advice.

IMG_0561.jpg

You could remove co cap and tread in an adaptor and run pipe from there and use what your draining into now as a co if that don't work your gonna need to cut into the wall

thanks for the reply. That's what I was thinking, do you know if that would be against code?

Back