Garage heater

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hamberg

Professional
Professional
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(post #2 for the day :O))

Anyone have a recommendation for a garage/shop heater, preferably electric? 20 x 20 (400 sq ft.) Just need to keep the edge off in the winter (in the Philly area). Have a 240v run but not gas. Love to be able to have it thermostat regulated.

I installed a heat pump mini split in the same size shop. not sure what kinda BTU you would need up there. Gets COLD 😳

I used a 12k

Just need to keep it above 50ish for paint/supplies. Do not have too many days under 20°
Check out those mini splits then. You can also cool it in the summer.

I paid about 1200 for mine then bought a vacuum pump and installed it myself. Has Wifi control.......

Find out how many BTU’s you need based off your building design, Sq footage and insulation and your location. Ac guy in your area could help you with that for sure.

I’m very happy with it

That said, you could probably buy an electric heater from the northern catalog with thermostat for a few Hundos.

Leaning towards the electric. Mini-split would be great but we have a side entry garage and the wall unit, lines and condenser would sit at the front of the house with no real way to hide/cover. Wife would never have it 🤨

Back