Garage Floor Drain

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpm6621

Reaction score
I have a Garage floor drain that exits the back of the garage about a foot and a half past the wall and maybe 10" below ground level. Well whoever built this garage just left the 1 1/2' PVC there, and covered it all with dirt. To me i don't think this is good drainage and it always just clogs with dirt/mud at the end. Whats the best way to finish this Drain End?

If you work on cars in the garage, the drain is supposed to run through an oil interceptor, and then into the sewer.

If all it will receive is rain water or water from washing cars, you could build a French drain out of some gravel and perforated pipe to help the water infiltrate into the ground.

And if you don't have room for a length of perf pipe you can also just dig a pit where it is and fill it with gravel.

The pipe is Regular 1 1/2" PVC. I was just going to dig around it, put some landscaping fabric down, fill that in with stone, put fabric over that stone, then finish the top with Topsoil.

That will work. Make sure you use a good fabric that doesn't let the dirt through.

Back