Galvanized supply and waste lines.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kgunelius

Reaction score
Had some water damage in my kitchen from upstairs bathroom, selling house in the next couple months and decided to take down the ceiling tiles. Tiles covered really bad lath and plaster, pulled that down and looking at galvanized supply and waste lines to tub and toilet. How far do I go.....the old question......replace waste all back to stack.....remove supplies and put in PEX?.....Or just sheetrock over it and wish the new home owners best of luck?

Attachments

• PXL_20220403_165208524.jpg
    PXL_20220403_165208524.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 17
Talk to your realtor,if your gonna replace it's gonna cost you even if you do it yourself,you would have a clear conceince,if you just repair the leak the old stuff is still there,if the original piping is exposed in the basement then some buyers know what their in for

Talk to your realtor,if your gonna replace it's gonna cost you even if you do it yourself,you would have a clear conceince,if you just repair the leak the old stuff is still there,if the original piping is exposed in the basement then some buyers know what their in for
Problem is that this is the kitchen looking up at the bathroom...gonna take her down to the ceiling floor joists and wall studs ...then sheetrock ...feel as though I should replace up to the cast iron stack and replace with PEX before closing up

Back