Future project -- Under sink attachment to garden hose (requesting help!)

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefforegon74

Reaction score
hello!

I was curious what would be the best way to attach a garden hose the sink I have next to the front door (entry bathroom). Unfortunately in this condo unit spot, there is no available close by spigot.

I'm not sure if I trust attaching to the faucet itself? I am wondering (as a total noob here) if it would cause any back pressure, leaks, etc. So I was thinking maybe do an attachment underneath, a Y of sorts? something i could close the valve off when not in use, and could quickly attach a garden hose when needed.

Looking for any help on this!!! many thanks. We have some sunny days coming up, and would like to wash the last 6 months of dirt off the vehicle!

Attachments

• PXL_20240311_220950165.jpg
    PXL_20240311_220950165.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240311_220938637.jpg
    PXL_20240311_220938637.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240311_220929262.jpg
    PXL_20240311_220929262.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Call a plumber and have them add a tee with a hose bibb on the cold water side. You probably will be violating condo rules at the same time.
Idiot builders who don't provide basics should be tarred.

I can't really tell if the valve on your sink supply is screwed or sweated. And if you just add a connection to the existing valve under the sink, it is only a 3/8" tubing connection. So, while that is the easiest way to add a hose connection, the flow would be severely restricted. But if you just need to water some plants, that might work. But if you want to water the grass or wash your car, I doubt you would have enough water flow with that approach. So breplum is right, you really need to call a plumber, and hope he can/will do the job as it is probably against your condo association rules as breplum said.

I'm betting your CC&R's regulations prohibit washing your car. I would check there first before spending one penny.

Latest posts

Back