Full Flow Feature on Honeywell VF06-100-SUSUT boiler fill.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Vetere

Reaction score
Hello all, I can’t for the life of me find out how to use the fast fill feature of this fill valve assy. The instructions are clear on how to set psi but, not on how to use fast fill . automatic maybe? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, AlexD15F428E-594F-458F-9592-78A20662D980.jpeg

According to the manual this valve is set at 15lbs. It will go up to 50lbs. To do this you have to loosen the screw on the red
knob and then you can turn it to the higher pressure. Just make sure the zone is open to bleed out. You probably already
know this but if it isn't you will blow the relief valve and have water everywhere. Don't turn the fast fill on and then forget
about it. Won't tell you how I know this. LOL..........

According to the manual this valve is set at 15lbs. It will go up to 50lbs. To do this you have to loosen the screw on the red
knob and then you can turn it to the higher pressure. Just make sure the zone is open to bleed out. You probably already
know this but if it isn't you will blow the relief valve and have water everywhere. Don't turn the fast fill on and then forget
about it. Won't tell you how I know this. LOL..........

I think he was asking about how to use the fast fill feature.
I couldn't find it.
Some are automatic.

Thanks Guys, yes Diehard but, I think the feature is as TomFOhio stated, just unlock and turn the dial as if you were setting it to a desired
PSI. ! Looks like "Fast fill Feature" is just manipulating "set" pressure until desired psi is attained. Not unlike like many other fill valve's for that fact. As with others, Just don't forget to turn back down. LOL ! Thanks

Diehard, not messing with it, I’m going to replumb boiler. Old style gate valves starting to leak and at adj end, circs getting really old and flo checks that are starting to act up, valves and tank getting real old. Want to do away with flo checks and take circs from return side to supply side right after xtank, looking very old and outdated ..

Just contacted a vendor of that valve and they said the fast fill feature is completely automatic.

Edit: Just saw your latest post. Yeah sounds like you know enough not to change pressure settings. These questions/answers sometimes go off on a tangent.

Not quite sure how the fast fill can be automatic. We only use the fast fill feature to bleed out the zones. You have to
do this on a new system or one that you worked on. This is the one that we always used.prv.png

I believe it's a different form of fast fill. Sounds like a completely different principle.

The type he has is similar to a Caleffi 573 series and this is what they say...

"The automatic filling valve is a device consisting of a pressure reducing
valve with compensating seat, visual system pressure setting indicator,
an inlet filter, anti-scale internal parts, a shut-off valve (round knob on
bottom) and a check valve.
It is installed on the water inlet piping in sealed heating systems, and its
main function is to maintain the pressure of the system at a set value,
automatically filling up with water as required.
The valve is pre-adjustable, meaning it can be set to the desired
pressure value before the system charging phase.
After installation, during the filling or topping-off phase, the water feed
will stop when the set pressure is reached. This valve fills 50% faster
than other valves. There are no levers to flip or valve to close."

EDIT: I had also saw something yesterday that mentioned that it was capable of flows up to 5 GPM

Thanks guys, So what I’m understanding is I’m ok with just letting valve to do its thing after I’m done? Let it fill on it’s own, no turning pressure valves or flipping levers.lol....

Not quite sure how the fast fill can be automatic. We only use the fast fill feature to bleed out the zones. You have to
do this on a new system or one that you worked on. This is the one that we always used.View attachment 22353

exactly
you have make up water, that is a valve set to keep a system at certain psi
fast fill bypasses the make up water, and fills the system to the pressure delivered to the building

Ok, So now no choice but, to do replumb of boiler this weekend. I just went into my utility room to find my air scoop cracked and leaking. I was able to remove the steel piping with my 18" pipe wrench and a 48" bar so I could cap it with one of my new webstone propal valves and we could have hot water (coil) for showers,etc. I do have a question, i am moving the circs from return side to supply side and I will be installing Webtone circ flange kits with drain. I will also be installing a 1 1/4" Propal with drain on return line for purge valve. Should I install circ flange with drain valve on inlet or outlet side of 007e circ's that will now be installed on supply side. the old setup was Purge/drain valves were installed on inlet side when the circs were on return side for purging/draining. I'm pretty sure they would still go on inlet side (on bottom now instead of top) to use as zone purge valve only as draining would be difficult with checks installed or if installed on outlet to just use as zone drain? Talk about overthinking something, Im pretty sure I knew the answer at some point without thinking about and now have really confused myself.

Last edited:
Back