From 3/4" PEX-A to a 7/16" thread?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWest99

Reaction score
I'm installing an Aprilaire 800 whole house humidifier.

Included was a saddle valve that was supposed to be used with 1/4" O.D. copper tubing.

Well, it leaks when trying to connect to the PEX, so the solution I've read is running 1/2" PEX out of the 3/4" cold water line, then using a 1/2" to 3/8" valve and using a 3/8" x 3/8" braided stainless steel supply faucet line. The problem is it does not screw into the inlet of the unit, which I believe is "7/16" - 24 UNS for accepting a compression fitting for 1/4" tubing."

So now I'm wondering how I can go from 1/2" PEX-A (the Upinor/Wirsboro/Souix Chief tubing) and into that inlet.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

why don't you just install a 1/2" female tee with a 1/2 by
1/4 ips bushing with an ips ball valve if your just trying to
fix the saddle tee leak

Thank you for the response.

So, you're saying I should install (replacing the saddle tee) a 3/4" x 3/4" x 1/2" tee, then from that tee, install a 1/2" x 1/2" IPS ball valve, then a bushing attaches to there, and then from there my 1/4" O.D copper tubing?

Last edited:
Thank you for the response.

So, you're saying I should install (replacing the saddle tee) a 3/4" x 3/4" x 1/2" tee, then from that tee, install a 1/2" x 1/2" IPS ball valve, then a bushing attaches to there, and then from there my 1/4" O.D copper tubing?

When you hooked the plastic tubing into the saddle valve did you use the little stiffner that goes into the tubing.

Last edited:
if you main is 3/4you have a couple of options if your comfortable soldering
just cut in a 3/4 by 1/2 tee with a 1/2copper by 1/4 compression
adapter with a brass insert for your tubing (don't forget a valve to isolate

you can also use a 3/4 by 1/2 female tee and use a bushing to
get to 1/4"

If your not comfortable

Latest posts

Back