Free standing tub

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayare

Reaction score
Hey I dont know if this is the right forum for this, but do you guys have any tips for installing free standing tubs with wrap around skirts. They seem to becoming pretty popular in bathroom renos. The only problem is its damn near impossible to install and inspect the drainage properly. Heres a link to the type of tub http://www.maax.com/en/UtilityPages/ProductDetail.aspx?productID={489316B4-7892-461A-80E2-5F263F07D02B}&refPageID={DCF88E42-8478-430E-8FD8-138FABB69790}

Moderator note: I fixed the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting design, but I can certainly see the problems with installing and testing it.

It is possible to set the drain and overflow off of measurements, we do this sometimes with tubs that sit into a block alcove or the like. But I have no good answer for how to test and inspect it.

I have installed these before. And its like any other tub set where you can't see the drainage piping after its installed, its all based on measurements and quality of workmanship. Just remember glue is cheap, leaks are expensive. Sorry I couldnt be of more help.

I appreciate the replies guys. Definitly not looking forward to setting this thing on monday tho lol

Latest posts

Back