FlowTite Valve Shuts off automatically

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indy49

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a strange situation in my bathroom. The FlowTite Valve under the toilet tank shuts off automatically every few days. Not sure what triggers it.
Has anyone experienced something similar? Any idea how to stop it from shutting off?

thanks in advance
Indy49

Attachments

• FlowTite Valve.jpg
    FlowTite Valve.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 0
Cute concept, those. An embarrassment to american ingenuity.
TRASH, as TWHack poetically states: Pure trash.
They are one way push on and you have to deal with each stub on a case by case basis.
Creative duct tape in the mean o_O time

Thanks for your responses Twowaxhack and breplum. Will replace the FlowTite valve in my bathroom. Is SharkBite valve a good option?

Sharkbite are nice since they can be removed when there is enough room to push on full depth and still have room for the de-clip tool and there are some skinny versions of that tool.
First see if you can push on your PEX and get complete resistance from push-back. And see if you can pull out any further.
Might be better off with angle stop that is made for PEX that uses a compression nut. The Uponor ones come with a vital s.s. insert. https://www.firstsupply.com/UserFil...5102_Uponor_LF4420500_Specification_Sheet.pdf

I was able to successfully replace the Accor/FlowTite valve with a SharkBite 1/4 turn valve.

Here is a nice video which helped me remove the FlowTite valve. ->
Just in case someone else needs these valves replaced. (However I didn't use the steps shown in this video on installing the sharkbite valve though. He used glue and what not. Don't think that's needed)

Thanks again everyone for your responses!

I almost removed that horrible video, because he is not following the manufacture's instructions. Also using vice grips and the lack of a nice, new escutcheon place really makes that video look like a complete hack job.

Latest posts

Back