Flexible water heater connections

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

not-a-plumber

Reaction score
I would like to use two flexible connections at my new water heater. I have a PEX distribution system, but I want the first 18" to be flexible metal.
I have read of a problem with some braided connectors that the interior rubber degrades over time and the small black particles end up clogging aerators.
I think the braided lines would be the most flexible, which would be good, but I don't think I'll take a chance.
So there are corrugated copper and stainless steel connectors available.
I have also read that some of the copper connector walls are too thin and over time develop pinhole leaks.
So that leaves me with SS which appears to be the least flexible of them all, but...
There is a large price difference between different 18" corrugated SS connectors :

Bluefin and Brasscraft are about $8 each, HoldRite is about $15 and Jones Stevens is about $23.
Anyone have any experience or advice?
How flexible or inflexible are the SS connectors? Are they a pain, or do they bend OK?
Thanks

simply choose corrugated stainless steel, not braided. Pretty flexible compared to corrugated copper.
I don't know Bluefin, but other brands are name brands and I like them all.

Latest posts

Back