Flexible Discharge Tube For Insinkerator Excel Garbage Disposal

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIMMIEM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Background: Original kitchen garbage disposal was a GE and the undersink plumbing was done to line up with the disposal discharge pipe. I replaced the GE disposal with an Insinkertor disposal and had to get a flexible discharge tube to avoid having to redo the waste pipe alignment. I just bought a new Insinkerator Evolution Excel disposal as a replacement for the current Insinkerator. I decided to replace the flexible discharge tube while I'm at it. According to the packaging the flexible discharge tube is not compatable with the Evolution Excel. I contacted Insinkerator and was told they did not have a flexible discharge tube for the Evolution Excel. Evolution Excel is the recommeded replacement for my current model. Rep told me my current model and Evolution Excel have same piping configuration and to use my current flexible discharge tube.
Anybody run into this situation? The flexible discharge tube that I have is FDT-00.

First off, FDT is not to code in most any jurisdiction.
Fancy disposals are nice but frankly, low priced Badger V and any of the models Costco sells are terrific.
We put in hundreds of Badger V and Am Std low priced models from Costco.
Fine if you like to spend money, and nothing against ISE/Emerson high $ end.

Last edited:
First off, FDT is not to code in most any jurisdiction.
Fancy disposals are nice but frankly, low priced Badger V and any of the models Costco sells are terrific.
We put in hundreds of Badger V and Am Std low priced models from Costco.
Fine if you like to spend money, and nothing against ISE/Emerson high $ end.
If FDT discharge pipe is not allowed, what is the recommend way to do the plumbing?

That, is an open ended question. Good pictures sometimes help.
use search function at this site and Terry Love's site for many illustrations or the web.

Back