Fitting to closet flange new construction

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the toilet vent is still the same except i put the sanitary tee on top of 2" vertical vent to add the shower vent in.

master plumbing.jpg

Last edited:
The shower drain is going to end up in the grey water pipe on the other end of the basement. was trying to not bore holes thru floor joists if i could help it for the shower vent also.

Last edited:
I need the horizontal vent run as there is no close wall, should i put the toilet vent back the way it was then run the shower vent over and up next to the 2" toilet vent by putting another hole thru the floor then tie vent pipes together up in the wall above toilet? added another picture to try to make it clearer
thanks

Yes. Bore another hole and run a separate vent up.
Now here is the part I'm not even sure about.
You have 2 different systems and you want to tie vents from both together above the flood rim of the WC. Best to run 2 separate vents to roof. Not sure you can tie the 2 system vents together.
The way you have it now, a stoppage in the sewer line would back flow into gray water system.

make sure you put the 45's back in the vent on WC.

wow. I have 2 toilets 45' apart on the septic system. i have two sinks 45' apart on the grey water system. I have two boots on roof setup about same distance apart for 3" vent pipe to go thru. so i need to add two more holes in roof (which I don't want to do) or long criss crossing vent lines in attic. I can do that, more lengths of 2" pvc. So all grey water fixtures to one vent thru roof and both toilet vents and kitchen sink going to septic to other vent. Again I really appreciate your help on this.

Last edited:
We don't do gray water systems here so I'm not 100% sure on the vent. Pretty sure on the tie in under floor is a No No.
You might be okay with the tie in above flood rim or even in the attic. you only need a 2" vent for toilet and 1-1/2" vent for the sink and shower.

Latest posts

Back