Fitting location on soil stack

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

branimal

Reaction score
I'm cutting out an old soil stack and replacing it with NH Cast iron stack. I'd like to know if my ball park calculation on where to place my 4 x 3 in. Reducing Combination Tee-Wye on the soil stack is correct.

I think the tallest fixtures plumbing will be the toilet. Measured from the toilet flange to the center of the 3" wye is 23". Add 1" for the missing piece of pvc pipe required to connect the santee to the 45* street elbow. That brings me to 24". See pic. The wye will be connected to 3" pipe 50" from the entry point of the Combo Tee-wye on the stack. With a 1/4" slope on the pipe, that requires roughly another 1" of drop. That brings me to 25". Add 2" for forgiveness. That brings me to 27".

Will placing the the center of the 4 x 3 in. Reducing Combination Tee-Wye at 27" below the toilet flange location be correct? I'll adjust for what the finished floor height will be.

Also is 1/4' slope adequate for a horizontal soil pipe?

Attachments

• IMG_4666.JPG
    IMG_4666.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4667.JPG
    IMG_4667.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4668.jpg
    IMG_4668.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 4
You have pvc shown and a no hub combo.

You say you’re replacing an old stack with NH cast iron but have stacked up PVC fittings. So that’s confusing.

Anyway, you have the right idea. Measure the fittings that you’ll be using and any stubs of pipe on each end to place your band. Then provide a little more for an easy fit if you have room to spare.

You have pvc shown and a no hub combo.

You say you’re replacing an old stack with NH cast iron but have stacked up PVC fittings. So that’s confusing.

Anyway, you have the right idea. Measure the fittings that you’ll be using and any stubs of pipe on each end to place your band. Then provide a little more for an easy fit if you have room to spare.

Sorry I wasn't clear about the part where I'm using PVC for the fixtures and Cast iron for the soil stack.

Thanks for reviewing my plan.

Where’s the back end of the pvc wye going ?

You have the flange stuck into a St. 90 closet ell right now, I’d use a 3x4 closet ell. Then stub pipe up through the floor and cut it off after the finished floor is installed. Then glue the flange in.

Last edited:
Where’s the back end of the pvc wye going ?

You have the flange stuck into a St. 90 closet ell right now, I’d use a 3x4 closet ell. Then stub pipe up through the floor and cut it off after the finished floor is installed. Then glue the flange in.
The left side of the PVC wye is heading toward the soil stack. The right side will be taking in waste from other fixtures.

I'll look for a closet el. That seems easier than trying to get my flange at the perfect height.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back