Faucet Issue?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swalsh19

Reaction score
I have a shower faucet, which I think the brand is Moen but it maybe Peerless, not 100% sure. It is a single lever faucet and presently when I turn it on I only get water come out when I move the handle to complete hot. I can back it off from full hot but there is a fine point from where it will work or it won't.

Is the faucet itself faulty and need replacing or is there a trick to the trade I can do to tweak the faucet?

FH08OCT_DRIFAU_02.JPG

Get a faucet repair kit or perhaps just the 2 cylindrical rubber washers (number 5 in the pic) & springs.
Turn off the water supplying the faucet, both hot and cold. If there are no local valves, turn off the house supply. Relieve the pressure by turning on the faucet.
Remove the handle using the hex wrench (set screws on sides at the base).
Unscrew the top of the faucet using channel-lock pliers and a rag to protect the finish.
Replace the 2 cylindrical rubber washers & springs. They are submerged in the holes in the back of the faucet body.

Last edited:
^^^ that one is not for moen. Can you provide a picture of what you have?

That one would do delta or peerless but good luck fitting those in a moen

The problem you describe sometimes happens with Moen cartridges. Please post a pic of your faucet. Moen and Delta/Peerless single handle faucets are generally easily distinguishable.

Latest posts

Back