Failed Seepage Pit repair - use d-box or serial distribution?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tedxted

Reaction score
I have a septic tank flowing into a seepage pit which has failed (installed in 1989).
My septic tank is OK. Also have an effluent filter installed in outlet baffle leading to pit.

Got quotes from 2 septic installers with slightly different perspectives on the repair.

- One guy says he would re-route outlet from septic to a distribution box connected to 3 330xl Cultec rechargers, with an additional d-box outlet to the old seepage pit for overflow if the rechargers ever fail.
- Another guy would use 2 330xl Cultec rechargers in a series, then connected to the old seepage pit at the end of the series, again for overflow in case of failure. No d-box.

The drainage holes in the failed seepage pit are clogged but it does drain slowly. Had the inside holes powerwashed and lasted almost one year before failing / filling again.
Both guys have said that their solutions would cause the seepage pit to dry out in time as it won't be in regular use - and why not use it as the backup.

The d-box version sounds complicated to me as the over flow outlet would need to be at a mid-level between the inlet and the outlets to the Cultec.

Any advice from someone who gets this would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back