Extra supply pipe & valve under kitchen sink

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dward1959

Reaction score
We are getting ready to remodel a laundry area in the garage. There is a grey cpvc pipe coming from the kitchen sink to the laundry area. It's about 6' away. It makes a loop and then returns back under the kitchen sink and is connected to a 3rd supply line. I want to disconnect this loop. I can just make a small loop under the sink or cap them both. I've included a pic for your enjoyment! TIA!Kitchen Sink Pipe Issue.jpg

water softener/filter most likely
use the pipe to install a hose bib out the back
add another hose bib in the garage to wash the floor or fill a bucket
Thank you! That makes the most sense. Especially since our water is as hard as rock! I will probably just loop it under the kitchen sink. It is passing thru 2 cabinet bases and into the garage "closet" that is to become our laundry area.

You imply that there is nothing connected to that loop that goes out to the garage and back. IS THERE ANYTHING CONNECTED TO THAT LOOP OUT THERE?

The question I would have is what I can't see, which is what happens to those 2 pipes that are on the right, shown dropping down? The one on the far right is obviously the cold water up. Where does that one that drops down (as a return from the garage) go and connect to?

Back