Extend plumbing to reach new washer drainage pipe

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm attempting to extend the plumbing under the sink a little, as the drainage pipe on the new washing machine doesn't reach the spigot.

I've bought a mcalpine flexcon 4 pipe thinking i could just connect that onto the tee and then attach the spigot to the end of that. The problem is that the tee is a male connector, and both sides of the flexcon 4 are also male connectors.

So my question is, how can i connect the 2 together? is there some form of adapter i can use, or maybe a tee with a female connector i can attach the flexcon 4 pipe to?

JHGAEnq.jpg

(both male connectors, need to join them)

http://www.screwfix.com/p/mcalpine-multifit-flexcon4-flexible-connector-white-40mm-157-242mm/86386

Basically what would work, would be a female and female connector, but after hours of searching there doesn't seem to be one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm pulling my hair out here.

note: I've already got the washer set-up with a drainage pipe extension, but i don't like it this way, as it looks to messy. I've also read that the proper way to do this is to extend the plumbing to reach the washing machine drainage pipe, not the other way around.

Thanks
Lee

Why do you have the washing machine draining under the sink?
Do you mean dishwasher?

Hi,

Here's a pic of how I currently have it set-up.

EqZtkDi.jpg

The drainage pipe with the jubilee clip on it is an extension pipe which I don't want to use.

Instead I want to extend the plumbing with the pipe in the right pic (flexcon 4).

Only problem is the tee pipe is a male connector, and so are both the connectors on the flexcon 4.

I can connect the spigot to the end of the flexcon 4 pipe fine, but how can i connect the flexcon 4 pipe to the tee pipe??

KnarlyCarl: Yes it's for a washing machine; that's just how the drainage was set-up when I moved in.

Hmm this is a little different than what I'm used to seeing around here.
This would work then I believe:
Pvc tubular extension.
03-4322.jpg

As there are no threads on one end of that pipe, how would i connect the spigot??

I don't think I could just connect the drainage pipe onto the end of that pipe as the drainage pipe isn't wide enough.

I can't see how this would work?

Slip fit joint (compression)
Put a nut and a ring onto the non thread end of the extension then put that into the tee, then tighten the ring onnthe male end like in the pic .
JHGAEnq.jpg

Look up some of those terms online and get yourself a visual

Thanks for all the help guys. I've ordered a pipe very similar to the KnarlyCarl posted image called 'flexcon6' and I'll use a cap, rubber and washer to connect to the tee that I already have.

Thanks again
Lee :)

Why will it block the drainage?
You can see from the pic above how it has been set-up for a decade or more without problems. The only difference now is the spigot will be moved around 15 inches to the right, so that the washing machine drainage pipe can reach it.

aaah i see what you're saying Frodo. I didn't consider that.
I've already ordered the bloody thing now though and it's been dispatched.
I may just fit it for now, as I'm moving house soon, and I'll fit the one KnarlyCarl posted in the new place.

Thanks for taking the time to answer Frodo.

All the best
Lee :)

Latest posts

Back