Extend 1 inch pipe?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pontoon

Reaction score
Hi I have a table which has 1 inch steel pipe legs. I want to make the table taller by extending the legs. I already used a pipe cutter to cut the legs into two pieces per leg. Now I just need to find a way to add 4-6 inches of additional pipe per leg. Non-welding options are preferred. Any clamp, or pressure fit options would be preferred over threading but I’ll thread the pipe if that’s my best option. Please let me know an easy and sturdy way to join some additional pipe between two separate pieces of 1 inch steel. Really appreciate it! Thanks.

you said you weren't comfortable threading ....if you need to extend
just bring it to he or lowes have them thread if the just buy the nipples
And couplings or just have them cut and thead the measures t
You need

If threading is really the right way I’ll do it. What part should I use to join two threaded 1 inch pipes? And what type of threading tool should I use?

If you are going to extend with threaded pipe, you can buy nipples in either black pipe or galvanized pipes in almost any length you need. A nipple is a length of pipe that has threads on both ends already. You would buy a "coupling" to join two lengths of threaded pipe to each other, and you would probably also want to buy a cap for the end, so you don't cause damage to your floor.

Otherwise, you can go to home Depot, tell them the length you need, and they will cut the pipe to the required length, and thread it for you for free.

Latest posts

Back